IQOS Usage and Care FAQs
What is the best way to clean my IQOS?
Wipe the outside of the Charger, the Holder and the associated accessories with a wipe containing 62~71% ethanol or isopropanol. Dispose of the used wipes in a bin.
Next, thoroughly clean the blade, the inside area of the holder surrounding the blade and the whole extractor with the dedicated IQOS cleaning sticks. Dispose of the used sticks in the bin with the wipes.
How often should I clean my IQOS?
To ensure optimal IQOS experience, we recommend cleaning your IQOS™ after every 20 tobacco sticks.
Use IQOS original cleaning sticks to clean your device once a week.
You can clean even more frequently if you feel to.
A regular cleaning of your IQOS™ will make the cleaning process quick and smooth.
Only use IQOS™ original cleaning tools to clean your IQOS™.
How do I clean the IQOS Cleaning Tool?
Gently tap the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool on a surface and use a cloth to get rid of the residues.
Do not clean it with water to avoid any humid contact with the electronics of the IQOS™ Holder.
How do I clean my IQOS?
You can easily clean your IQOS™ Holder and Cap in few steps:
1. Switch off your IQOS Holder/MULTI.
2. Wait for at least 30 seconds to cool down the heater blade.
3. Remove the Holder/MULTI cap.
4. Slide open your IQOS Cleaning Tool and check if it is not deformed and free of particles.
1. With a straight and gentle gesture, insert the IQOS Cleaning Tool till it touches the bottom of the heating chamber.
2. Do not twist yet.
1. Without any further pushing pressure, gently twist IQOS™ Cleaning Tool 3 times.
2. Stop twisting, and extract the Tool straight from the Holder/MULTI.
3. Gently tap the Holder/Multi and the Cleaning Tool to remove the tobacco residuals.
• Finalize – use the IQOS™ Cleaning Sticks as a finishing touch.
1. Insert the IQOS™ Cleaning Stick straight along the chamber.
2. Do not push or hit against the heater blade.
3. Do not attempt to clean the heater blade.
4. In case IQOS™ Cleaning Stick is blocked, do not force. Simply use again the IQOS Cleanig Tool and repeat the above steps.
IQOS Cap (Holder Cap/ MULTI Cap):
1. Clean the inside of the IQOS™ Cap from the top with the IQOS™ Cleaning Sticks.
2. Clean the bottom of the Cap with the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool:
- Insert the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool till it touches the bottom of the Cap.
- Without extra push, gently twist the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool 3 times.
- Stop twisting, and gently tap both the cap and the IQOS™ Cleaning Tool to remove tobacco residuals.
Can I use IQOS indoors?
Under current Republic of Korea law, the indoor use of IQOS and compatible tobacco products is prohibited.
On a plane: Most airlines currently do not allow smoking or usage of alternative tobacco products on their aircrafts.
I am not sure if IQOS is for me. Can I try IQOS before I buy it?
You can try IQOS for 2 weeks before you purchase it.
For lending, please visit tryiqos.kr.
What should I do if my IQOS device is not functioning?
If your IQOS device is not working, simply perform a reset. Still no luck?
Please contact IQOS customer service center, or ask for assistance at the nearest IQOS store.
What is a smart self-cleaning system?
IOQS has a smart self-cleaning system that reduces tobacco residuals on the heater blade. The smart self-cleaning is automatically activated after every 20 sessions for IQOS 3 DUO, IQOS 3 and IQOS 2.4 PLUS. The smart self-cleaning is automatically activated after every 10 sessions for IQOS 3 MULTI.
What are the optimal IQOS storage conditions?
IQOS is a device with a built-in battery. Keep IQOS away from water, direct sunlight and/or heat.
Do not leave IQOS device for extended period of time in a hot place, such as inside a car, as the battery or electronics may be damaged or significantly deteriorated.
Likewise, in winter when the temperature falls below zero, please protect your IQOS device by storing it in your pocket or bag.
What if IQOS vapor feels like abnormally warm or hot?
When using IQOS in a high-humidity environment, the moisture contained in the IQOS vapor can increase the heat transfer and make the vapor feels hotter than usual. To avoid such discomfort, we recommend keeping the tobacco stick in a dry place.
IQOS and Tobacco sticks are not risk free and are addictive.
We do not offer PMI’s smoke-free products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have quit using tobacco and nicotine products. Our smoke-free products are not an alternative to quitting and are not designed as cessation aids.
Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form. Pregnant women, diabetics and people with heart problems should not use any tobacco or nicotine product.